Peach season is almost over. So before it’s completely gone, we thought it would share our favorite peach jam recipe with you. Aside from being super easy to make, this peach jam recipe is bursting with taste of fresh peaches and tastes amazing! Plus, it also makes a great addition to your home food storage and tastes great on homemade bread along with tons of other things like pancakes, ice cream, and muffins.
If you are new to canning, this peach jam recipe is the one for you. So let’s get cooking!
How to Make the Best Peach Jam Recipe Ever!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3 1/2 pounds of peaches peeled, pitted, and cut in to chunks
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Juice from one lemon (this is a great natural alternative to using pectin)
- Canning jars, lids, and rings
- Adhesive jar labels
WHAT YOU DO:
- Add peaches and lemon just to a medium to large sized saucepan. Bring contents to a boil over medium-high heat. During this process use a spoon or potato masher to break down the peaches to your preferred consistency.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in the sugar and vanilla. Bring your mixture back to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Continue to boil and stir your peach jam for 15-25 minutes. NOTE-Your peach jam will be ready to put in jars when it sticks the spoon as you lift it out of your saucepan.
- Remove jam from heat and let cool slightly. Then, place you jam in jars and seal them using the water bath canning method for 10 minutes.
- Label your peach jam and make sure to include the date you made it. Enjoy some right away and put the rest in your food storage for later.
There you go! The Best (and easiest) peach jam recipe ever. Don’t forget to grab the printable version of this recipe HERE. Hope you enjoy!