September is here! Can you believe it?! Before we know it, fall will be here, and the frost will be settling in. Which means now is the time to pick all the tomatoes from your garden and put them to good use. There are lots of good ways to incorporate your tomato harvest into your long-term food storage. But one of our personal favorites is by making a few batches of salsa. You seriously can’t go wrong with stuff. Especially because there are lots of different ways to incorporate salsa into the foods you eat.
With school in full swing now, we’re sure a lot of you are super busy with carpools, homework, and extracurricular activities. Leaving little time for you spend canning salsa. Luckily, there is the option of making freezer salsa. Which is our personal favorite. We are HUGE fans of salsa here at Para; so we obviously have a bomb freezer salsa recipe that not only tastes good, but takes less than an hour to make!
So let’s do this!
Super Easy Freezer Salsa
All it takes is four simple steps to make some of the best salsa you’ve ever had. So make sure to keep reading!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 8 cups of diced tomatoes
- 2 diced medium green peppers
- 2 large onions finely diced (Sweet onions are best. But if you grew onions in your garden, you can just uses those.)
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers seeded, and finely chopped (if you want to make mild salsa, only use one jalapeno)
- 1 (6 oz.) can of tomato paste
- 1 (10 oz.) can of condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 cup of white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 4 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1-2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper (use 1 for mild salsa)
BONUS: Add 1 chopped up mango to your salsa to sweeten it up a bit.
WHAT YOU DO:
- Put all of your ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Leave uncovered and let simmer for 45 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Pour into small freezer containers (16 oz. containers work best. Just make sure to only fill them 3/4 the way full.).
- Let the containers cool to room temperature and then store in your freezer.
NOTE: Your salsa will stay fresh for 3-4 months.
That’s it! Don’t forget to grab your FREE PRINTABLE of this recipe HERE! Once you’re ready to use your salsa, simply pull it out of the freezer and let it completely thaw before you use it. Do you have a salsa recipe you love to make? If so, feel free to share the link below!