There are a lot of different ways to utilize the items in your pantry. And making bread is one of them. Yes, there are definitely some bread recipes that are to time consuming or hard to figure out. But we promise that the bread recipe we are sharing today is far from that! Scout’s honor! After complaining about how hard and daunting bread making can be a close family friend gave us their bread recipe that has been in their family for years. So we tried it out and sure enough, it really was the easiest bread recipe ever! If you go through bread as fast as we do with our families, are looking for another way to easily use items from your food pantry, or both, this recipe is for you!
The Easiest Bread Recipe Ever!
(Yields 2 loaves)
2 1/2 cups hot tap water
1 tablespoon of active dry yeast
1/4 cup oil
1 tablespoon of sugar
1/2 tablespoon of salt
2 1/2-3 cups of flour
1 tablespoon of instant (saf-instant) yeast
2 metal loaf pans
Heavy duty mixer-We have found that a Bosch is the best mixer to use when making bread.
- Combine water, yeast, oil, sugar and salt in mixer bowl and blend together.
- Add 1 1/2 cup of your flour and blend.
- Slowly add remainder of your flour until the dough wipes clean from the sides of your mixing bowl (around 4 minutes).
- Once dough is no longer sticking to the sides of your bowl, mix for an additional 5-7 minutes. (note: if dough is still sticky to manage with your your hands after this mixing period, you can slowly mix in more flour.)
- Spray your loaf pans.
- Spray your hands slightly with non-stick spray, remove dough from mixing bowl.
- Divide your dough into your two loaf pans, cover with a towel, and let rise for a half hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
That’s it! We promise, this really is the easiest bread recipe ever. And once you start making it, you wont want to stop!
Also…here are links to some of the products we mentioned.