These days we rely so heavily on our smartphones, that we think it’s safe to say the majority of us don’t have many phone numbers memorized these days. Especially if they are emergency numbers. However, you never know when you will find yourself in a certain kind of emergency situation. Which is why it’s extremely important to have the following 11 emergency numbers in your cell phones.
11 Emergency Numbers You Should Always Have in your Phone
1) Local Fire Department-Your local fire department has a ton of information you can gather from them. Especially when it comes to CERT support and burn information.
2) Local Police Department
3) Water Company- This is a good emergency number to have in your phone in case you have a broken water main or contaminated water.
4) Power Company- Great to have on hand in case you need to report any power outages, or have a power outage of your own you need to call in about.
5) Poison Control- If you have kids, this is definitely an emergency number you will want to have possession of. Kids are constantly putting things in their mouths, and sometimes we aren’t quite sure if those things could be potentially toxic. So having this number in your phone will help give you peace of mind or help inform you on what steps of action you need to take.
6) Local Hospital- Sometimes it’s best to have numbers of the three closest hospitals to your home in your phone.
7) Animal Control- Animal control can give you information on how to help stray animals you may find, local shelters, and any other wildlife information you may need.
8) Next Door Neighbors- Neighbors can be an important asset in an emergency situation. So get to know your neighbors and exchange numbers with them. Because you never know when you will need their help in an emergency situation.
9) Locksmith- At some point or another we have all been locked out of our home, or car. So having the number of a locksmith that won’t rip you off, is important to save as an emergency number in your phone.
10) Insurance Agent- If you ever have personal accident or property damage, it is important to know the number of your insurance agent so you can call them and get the financial aid that you need.
11) Veterinarian- If you are a pet owner, it’s important to have your local veterinarian’s number on hand in case your beloved pet should get sick or hurt.
By keeping these 11 emergency numbers in your phone, you will be able to save time and have peace of mind whenever an emergency situation should arise.